(1) 3[Any employer, workmen, trade union or other prescribed representatives of the workmen] aggrieved by the order of the Certifying Officer under sub-section (2) of section 5 may, within4[thirty days] from the date on which copies are sent under sub-section (3) of that section, appeal to the appellate authority, and the appellate authority, whose decision shall be final, shall by order in writing confirm the standing orders either in the form certified by the Certifying Officer or after amending the said standing orders by making such modifications thereof or additions thereto as it thinks necessary to render the standing orders certifiable under this Act.
1. Subs. by Act 18 of 1982, s. 2 for cl. (i) (w.e.f. 17-5-1982).
2. Subs. by Act 36 of 1956, s. 32 for "shall not be the function" (w.e.f.17-9-1956).
3. Subs. by Act 18 of 1982, s. 3, for "Any person" (w.e.f. 17-5-1982).
4. Subs. by Act 16 of 1961, s. 4, for "twenty-one days".
(2) The appellate authority shall, within seven days of its order under sub-section (1), send copies thereof to the Certifying Officer, to the employer and to the trade union or other prescribed representatives of the workmen, accompanied, unless it has confirmed without amendment the standing orders as certified by the Certifying Officer, by copies of the standing orders as certified by it and authenticated in the prescribed manner.