3. Establishment and incorporation of the University.
(1) There shall be established a University by the name of "the Indira Gandhi National Open University".
(2) The headquarters of the University shall be at Delhi and it may establish or maintain Colleges, Regional Centres and Study Centres at such other places in India as it may deem fit.
1[Provided that the University may, with the prior approval of the Visitor, also establish Study Centres outside India.]
(3) The first Vice-Chancellor, the first Pro-Vice-Chancellors and the first members of the Board of Management, the Academic Council and the Planning Board and all persons who may hereafter become such officers or members, so long as they continue to hold such office or membership, are hereby constituted a body corporate by the name of "the Indira Gandhi National Open University".
(4) The University shall have perpetual succession and a common seal and shall sue and be sued by the said name.