3. Powers and duties of Vice-Chancellor.-
(1) The Vice-Chancellor shall be ex officio Chairman of the Executive Council, the Academic Council, and the Finance Committee and shall, in the absence of the Chancellor, preside at the convocations held for conferring degrees, and at meetings of the Court.
(2) The Vice-Chancellor shall be entitled to be present at and address any meeting of any authority or other body of the University.
(3) It shall be the duty of the Vice-Chancellor to see that this Act, the Statutes, the Ordinances and the Regulations are duly observed and he shall have all the powers necessary to ensure such observance.
(4) The Vice-Chancellor shall exercise control over the affairs of the University and shall give effect to the decisions of all the authorities of the University.
(5) The Vice-Chancellor shall have all the powers necessary for the proper maintenance of discipline in the University and he may delegate any such powers to such person or persons as he deems fit.
(6) The Vice-Chancellor shall have the power to convene or cause to be convened the meetings of the Executive Council, the Academic Council, the Planning Board and the Finance Committee.