5. Term of office of President, Vice-President and members.-
(1) The President or Vice-President shall hold office for a term not exceeding three years and not extending beyond the expiry of his term as a member.
(2) Subject to the provisions of this section, a member, other than an ex officio member, shall hold office for a term of three years from the date of his election or nomination to the Council or until his successor shall have been duly elected or nominated, whichever is longer.
(3) Members of the Council shall be eligible for re-nomination or re-election.
(4) Where the term of three years is about to expire in respect of any member, a successor may be nominated or elected at any time within three months before the said term expires, but, he shall not assume office until the said term has expired.