49. Removal from the register.-
(1) Subject to the provisions of this section, the State Veterinary Council may order that the name of any person shall be removed from the State veterinary register where it is satisfied after giving that person a reasonable opportunity of being heard and after such further inquiry, if any, as it may think fit to make-
(a) that his name has been entered in the State veterinary register by error or on account of mis-representation or suppression of a material fact, or
(b) that he has been convicted of an offence involving moral turpitude and punishable with imprisonment or has been guilty of any infamous conduct in any professional respect or has violated the standards of professional conduct and etiquette or the code of ethics which in the opinion of the State Veterinary Council renders him unfit to be kept in the said register.
(2) An order under sub-section (1) may direct that any person whose name is ordered to be removed from the State veterinary register shall be ineligible for registration under this Act, either permanently or for such period of years as may be specified.
(3) An order under sub-section (1) shall not take effect until the expiry of three months from the date thereof or until an appeal, if any on such order is finally disposed of, whichever date is later.
(4) A person aggrieved by an order under sub-section (1) may, within sixty days from the communication to him of such order, appeal to the Council.
(5) A person aggrieved by the decision of the Council under sub-section (4) may, within sixty days from the communication to him of such decision, appeal to the Central Government.
(6) A person whose name has been removed from the register under this section or under sub-section (2) of section 48 shall forthwith surrender his certificate of registration and certificate of renewal, if any, to the Registrar of the State Veterinary Council and the name so removed shall be published in the Official Gazette.
(7) A person whose name has been removed from the State veterinary register under this section or sub-section (2) of section 48 shall not be entitled to have his name registered in the State veterinary register or in any other State veterinary register, except with the approval of the State Veterinary Council from whose register his name has been removed.