42. Appointment of Registrar and other officers or servants.-
(1) The State Veterinary Council may, with the previous sanction of the State Government, appoint a Registrar who shall also act as Treasurer unless the State Veterinary Council appoints any person as Treasurer and may appoint such other officers and employees as it may deem necessary to carry out the purposes of this Act.
(2) The terms and conditions of service of the Registrar, and of the other officers and employees appointed by the State Veterinary Council shall be such as may be prescribed.
(3) The Registrar and other officers and employees of the State Veterinary Council shall be deemed to be public servants within the meaning of section 21 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860).
(4) All orders and decisions and other instruments of the State Veterinary Council shall be authenticated by the signature of the Registrar or any other officer of the State Veterinary Council duly authorised by it in this behalf.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), for the first two years from the first constitution of the State Veterinary Council the Registrar of the State Veterinary Council shall be a person appointed by the State Government, who shall hold office during the pleasure of the State Government.