38. Terms of office and causal vacancies.-
(1) Subject to the provisions of this section, a member of the State Veterinary Council, other than an ex officio member, shall hold office for a term of three years from the date of his election or nomination to the State Veterinary Council or until his successor has been duly elected or nominated, whichever is longer:
Provided that a member of the State Veterinary Council nominated under clause (c) of sub-section (1) of section 32 or clause (c) of sub-section (1) of section 34, shall hold office during the pleasure of the authority nominating him.
(2) Members of the State Veterinary Council shall be eligible for re-election or re-nomination, as the case may be.
(3) An elected or nominated member of the State Veterinary Council shall be deemed to have vacated his office-
(a) if he is absent without excuse, sufficient in the opinion of the State Veterinary Council, from three consecutive meetings of the State Veterinary Council;
(b) if he ceases to hold the office from which he has been nominated;
(c) in the case of a member whose name is required to be included in any State veterinary register, if his name is removed from the register;
(d) if he has been convicted of an offence involving moral turpitude and punishable with imprisonment;
(e) if he is an undischarged insolvent;
(f) if he is of unsound mind and stands so declared by a competent court.
(4) No act done by the State Veterinary Council shall be called in question on the ground merely of the existence of any vacancy, or defect, in the establishment of, the State Veterinary Council.
(5) A casual vacancy in the State Veterinary Council shall be filled by fresh election or nomination, as the case may be, and the person elected or nominated to fill the vacancy shall hold office only for the remainder of the term for which the member whose place he takes was elected or nominated.
(6) The State Veterinary Council shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to transaction of business at its meetings as may be prescribed.