21. Withdrawal of recognition.-
(1) When upon report by the Committee or the visitor, it appears to the Council-
(a) that the courses of study and examinations to be undergone in, or the proficiency required from candidates at any examination held by, any veterinary institution, are not in conformity with the regulations made under this Act or fall short of the standards required thereby, or
(b) that the staff, equipment, accommodation, training and other facilities for instruction and training provided in such veterinary institution or in any college or other institution affiliated to it do not conform to the standards prescribed by the Council.
the Council shall make a representation to that effect to the Central Government.
(2) After considering such representation, the Central Government may send it to the State Government of the State in which the veterinary institution is situated and the State Government shall forward it along with such remarks as it may choose to make to the veterinary institution, with an intimation of the period within which that institution may submit its explanation to the State Government.
(3) On receipt of the explanation or, where no explanation is submitted within the period fixed, then on the expiry of that period, the State Government shall make its recommendation to the Central Government.
(4) The Central Government, after making such inquiry, if any, as it may deem fit, may, by notification in the Official Gazette, direct that an entry shall be made in the appropriate Schedule against the said veterinary qualification declaring that it shall be a recognised veterinary qualification only when granted before a specified date or that the said veterinary qualification if granted to students of a specified college or institution affiliated to any veterinary institution shall be a recognised veterinary qualification only when granted before a specified date or, as the case may be, that the said veterinary qualification shall be a recognised veterinary qualification in relation to a specified college or institution affiliated to any veterinary institution only when granted after a specified date:
Provided that before issuing such notification the Central Government may consult the Indian Council of Agricultural Research.