20. Appointment of visitors.-
(1) The Council may appoint such number of visitors as it may deem requisite to inspect any veterinary institution or any college or other institution where veterinary education is given or to attend any examination held by any veterinary institution for the purpose of granting any recognised veterinary qualification.
(2) Any person, whether he is a member or not, may be appointed as a visitor under this section, but a person who is appointed as an inspector under section 19 for any inspection or examination shall not be appointed as a visitor for the same inspection or examination.
(3) The visitors shall not interfere with the conduct of any training or examination, but shall report to the President on the adequacy of the standards of veterinary education including staff, equipment, accommodation, training and other facilities prescribed by regulations for giving veterinary education or on the sufficiency of every examination which they attend.
(4) The report of a visitor shall be treated as confidential unless in any particular case the President otherwise directs:
Provided that if the Central Government requires a copy of the report of the visitor, the Council shall furnish the same.