16. Recognition of veterinary qualifications granted by veterinary institutions in countries with which there is a scheme of reciprocity.-
(1) The veterinary qualifications granted by veterinary institutions outside India which are included in the Second Schedule shall be recognised veterinary qualifications for the purposes of this Act.
(2) The Council may enter into negotiations with the authority in any country outside India which by the law of such country is entrusted with the maintenance of a register of veterinary practitioners, for the setting of a scheme of reciprocity for the recognition of veterinary qualifications, and in pursuance of any such scheme, the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, amend the Second Schedule so as to include therein the veterinary qualification which the Council has decided should be recognised, and any such notification may also direct that an entry shall be made in the last column of the Second Schedule against such veterinary qualification declaring that it shall be a recognised veterinary qualification only when granted after a specified date.
(3) The Central Government, after consultation with the Council, may, by notification in the Official Gazette, amend the Second Schedule by directing that an entry be made therein in respect of any veterinary qualification declaring that it shall be a recognised veterinary qualification only when granted before a specified date.
(4) Where the Council has refused to recommend any veterinary qualification which has been proposed for recognition by any authority referred to in sub-section (2) and the authority applies to the Central Government in this behalf, the Central Government, after considering such application and after obtaining from the Council a report, if any, as to the reasons for any such refusal, may, by notification in the Official Gazette, amend the Second Schedule so as to include such qualification therein and the provisions of sub-section (2) shall apply to such notification.