1. Short titles, extent and commencement.-
(1) This Act may be called the Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984.
(2) It extends, in the first instance, to the whole of the States of Haryana, Bihar, Orissa, Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan and to all Union territories1; and it shall also extend to such other States as may adopt this Act by resolution passed in that behalf in pursuance of clause (1) of article 252 of the Constitution.
1. Extended to the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union territory of Ladakh by Act 34 of 2019, s. 95 and the Fifth Schedule (w.e.f. 31-10-2019).
(3) It shall come into force in a State or Union territory to which it extends, or may become extended in future, on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act or for different States or Union territories.