The Indian Tramways Act, 1886
6. Procedure for making order.-
(1) The 1[Government] on receiving an application shall consider it, and, if satisfied as to the propriety of proceeding thereon, publish in the Official Gazette, and in such other manner as it deems sufficient for giving information to persons interested, a draft of a proposed order authorizing the construction of the tramway.
(2) A notice shall be published with the draft stating that any objection or suggestion which any person may desire to make with respect to the proposed order will, if submitted to the 1[Government] on or before a date to be specified in the notice, be received and considered.
(3) If, after considering any objections or suggestions which may have been made with respect to the draft on or before the date so specified, the 1[Government] is of opinion that the application should be granted, with or without addition or modification, or subject or not to any restriction or condition, it may make an order accordingly.
(4) Every order authorising the construction of a tramway shall be published in the Official Gazette in English, and in the other prescribed language or languages, if any; and that publication shall be conclusive proof that the order has been made as required by this section.
1. Subs. by the A.O. 1937, for "L. G.".
2. Proviso omitted, ibid.