Universal Service Obligation fund
9A. Establishment of Universal Service Obligation Fund.-
(1) On and from the commencement of the Indian Telegraph (Amendment) Act, 2003 (8 of 2004), there shall be established, for the purposes of this Act, a Fund to be called the "Universal Service Obligation Fund".
(2) The Fund shall be under the control of the Central Government and t here shall be credited thereto-
(a) any sums of money paid under section 9B;
(b) any grants and loans made by the Central Government under section 9C.
(3) The balance to the credit of the Fund shall not lapse at the end of the financial year.
1. Subs. by Act 15 of 1961, s. 3, for sub-section (5).
2. Subs. by Act 48 of 1974, s. 2, for certain words (w.e.f. 1-6-1975).
3. Ins. by Act 47 of 1957, s. 3 (w.e.f. 1-7-1959).
4. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for "Crown" which had been subs. by the A.O. 1937, for "Secretary of State for India in Council".
5. Ins. by Act 8 of 2004, s. 5 (w.e.f. 1-4-2002).