1[6A. Power to notify rates for transmission of messages to countries outside India.-
(1) The Central Government may, from time to time, by order, notify the rates at which, and the other conditions and restrictions subject to which, messages shall be transmitted to any country outside India.
(2) In notifying the rates under sub-section (1), the Central Government shall have due regard to all or any of the following factors, namely:-
(a) the rates for the time being in force, for transmission of messages, in countries outside India;
(b) the foreign exchange rates for the time being in force;
(c) the rates for the time being in force for transmission of messages within India;
(d) such other relevant factors as the Central Government may think fit in the circumstances of the case.]
1. Ins. by Act 33 of 1971, s. 2
2. See the Indian Telegraph Rules, 1951, Gazet te of India, 1951, Pt . 11, sec. 3, p. 1708.
3. Ins. by Act 33 of 1971, s. 3.
4. Ins. by Act 47 of 1957, s. 2 (w.e. f. 1 -7-1959) .