9. Review of work done, Inspection of assets, etc.-
(1) The Central Government may constitute a Committee consisting of such number of persons as it thinks fit to appoint thereto for the purpose of-
(a) reviewing the work done by the Institute and the progress made by it;
(b) inspecting its buildings, equipment and other assets;
(c) evaluating the work done by the Institute; and
(d) advising Government generally on any matter which in the opinion of the Central Government is of importance in connection with the work of the Institute; and the Committee shall submit its reports thereon in such manner as the Central Government may direct.
(2) Notice shall be given in every case to the Institute of the intention to cause a review, inspection or evaluation to be made, and the Institute shall be entitled to appoint a representative who shall have the right to be present and be heard at such review, inspection or evaluation.
(3) The Central Government may address the Chairman of the Institute with reference to the result of such review, inspection or evaluation as disclosed in any report of the Committee referred to in sub-section (1), and the Chairman shall communicate to the Central Government the action, if any, taken thereon.
(4) When the Central Government has, in pursuance of sub-section (3), addressed the Chairman of the Institute in connection with any matter, and the Chairman does not within a reasonable time take action to the satisfaction of the Central Government in respect thereof, the Central Government may, after considering any explanations furnished or representations made on behalf of the Institute, issue such directions as it considers necessary in respect of any of the matters dealt with in the report.