14. Withdrawal of recognition.
(1) When upon report by the Executive Committee, it appears to the Council
(a) that the courses of study and training and the examinations to be gone through in order to obtain a recognised qualification from any authority in any 1[State] 2***, or the conditions for admission to such courses or the standards of proficiency required from the candidates at such examinations are not in conformity with the regulations made under the Act or fall short of the standards required thereby, or
(b) that an institution recognised by a 4[State] Council for the training of nurses, midwives5[auxiliary nurse-midwives] or health visitors does not satisfy the requirements of the Council, the Council may send to the Government of the 1[State] in which the authority or institution, as the case may be, is situated a statement to such effect and the 4[State] Government shall forward it, along with such remarks as it may think fit to the authority or institution concerned and, in a case referred to in clause (b) to the 4[State] Council also, with an intimation of the period within which the authority or institution may submit its explanation to the 4[State] Government.
(2) On the receipt of the explanation or, where no explanation is submitted within the period fixed, then on the expiry of the period, the 4[State] Government shall make its recommendations to the Council.
(3) The Council, after such further inquiry, if any, as it may think fit to make, and in a case referred to in clause (b) of sub-section (1), after considering any remarks which the 4[State] Council may have addressed to it, may declare,
1. Subs. by A.O.1950, for "Province".
2. The words "of India" omitted, ibid. (w.e.f. 28-1-1950).
3. Ins. by Act 45 of 1957, s. 8 (w.e.f. 1-12-1958).
4. Subs. by A.O.1950, for "Provincial".
5 . Ins. by, s. 9, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-12-1958).
(a) in a case referred to in clause (a) of that sub-section, that the qualifications granted by the authority concerned shall be recognised qualifications only when granted before a specified date, or
(b) in a case referred to in the said clause (b), that with effect from a date specified in the declaration any person holding a recognised qualification whose period of training and study preparatory to the grant to him of the qualification was passed at the institution concerned shall be entitled to be registered only in the 1[State] in which the institution is situated.
(4) The Council may declare that any recognised qualification granted outside the 2[States] 3*** shall be a recognised qualification only if granted before a specified date.