3. Restriction on building or equipping vessels of war.
No person shall, except under and in accordance with the conditions of a licence granted under this Act,
(a) build any vessel of war, or alter, arm or equip any ship so as to adapt her for use as a vessel of war; or
(b) dispatch or deliver, or allow to be dispatched or delivered, from any place in the States any ship which has been, either wholly or partly, built, altered, armed or equipped as a vessel of war in any part of His Majesty's Dominions or 9[of India] otherwise than under and in accordance with any law for the time being in force in that part 10***.
1. The words "in the Provinces" rep. by the A. O. 1950.
2. Subs. by Act 2 of 1937, s. 2, for certain words.
3. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for sub-section (2).
4. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 3) Order, 1956, for "Part B States".
5. This Act was brought into force on the 10th November, 1923, see Gazette of India, 1923, Pt. I, p. 617.
6. Ins. by the A. O. 1950.
7. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 3) Order, 1956, for "for the time being comprised within Part A States and Part C States".
8. Subs. by Act 2 of 1937, s. 3, for clause (c).
9. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for "in a State in India".
10. The words "or State" omitted, ibid.