Indian Medicine Central Council Act, 1970
21. Withdrawal of recognition
(1) When upon report by the inspector or the visitor, it appears to the Central Council-
(a) that the courses of study and examination to be undergone in, or the proficiency required from candidates at any examination held by, any University, Board or medical institution, or
(b) that the staff, equipment, accommodation, training and other facilities for instruction and training provided in such University, Board or medical institution or in any college or other institution affiliated to the University.
do not conform to the standard prescribed by the Central Council the Central Council shall make a representation to that effect to the Central Government.
(2) After considering such representation, the Central Government may send it to the Government of the State in which the University, Board or medical institution is situated and the State Government shall forward it along with such remarks as it may choose to make to the University, Board or medical institution, with an intimation of the period within which the University, Board or medical institution may submit its explanation to the State Government.
(3) On the receipt of the explanation or, where no explanation is submitted within the period fixed, then, on the expiry of that period, the State Government shall make its recommendations to the Central Government.
(4) The Central Government, after making such further inquiry, if any, as it may think fit, may, by notification in the Official Gazette, direct that an entry shall be made in the appropriate Schedule against the said medical qualification declaring that it shall be a recognized medical qualification only when granted before a specified date, or that the said medical qualification if granted to students of a specified college or institution affiliated to any University shall be recognized medical qualification only when granted before a specified date or, as the case may be, that the said medical qualification shall be recognized medical qualification in relation to a specified college or institution affiliated to any University only when granted after a specified date.