7. Term of office of President, Vice-President and members.-
(1) The President or Vice-President of the Council shall hold office for a term not exceeding beyond the expiry of his term as member of the Council.
(2) Subject to the provisions of this section, a member shall hold office for a term of five years from the date of his nomination or election or until his successor shall have been duly nominated or elected, whichever is longer.
(3) An elected or nominated member shall be deemed to have vacated his seat if he is absent without excuse, sufficient in the opinion of the Council, from three consecutive ordinary meetings of the Council or, in the case of a member elected under clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 3, if he ceases to be a member of the medical faculty of the University concerned, or in the case of a member elected under clause (c) or clause (d) of that sub-section, if he ceases to be a person enrolled on the State Medical Register concerned.
(4) A casual vacancy in the Council shall be filled by nomination or election, as the case may be, and the person nominated or elected to fill the vacancy shall hold office only for the remainder of the term for which the member whose place he takes was nominated or elected.
(5) Members of the Council shall be eligible for re-nomination or re-election.
(6) Where the said term of five years is about to expire in respect of any member, a successor may be nominated or elected at any time within three months before the said term expires but he shall not assume office until the said term has expired.