20. Post-graduate Medical Education Committee for assisting council in matters relating to post-graduate medical education.-
(1) The Council may prescribe standards of. post-graduate, medical education for the guidance of Universities, and may advise Universities in the matter of securing uniform standards for post- graduate medical education throughout India, and for this purpose the Central Government may constitute from among the members of the Council a Post-graduate Medical Education Committee (hereinafter referred to as the Post-graduate Committee).
(2) The Post-graduate Committee shall consist of nine members all of whom shall be persons possessing post-graduate medical qualifications and experience of teaching or examining post-graduate students of medicine.
(3) Six of the members of the Post-graduate Committee shall be nominated by the Central Government and the remaining three members shall be elected by the Council from amongst its members.
(4) For the purpose of considering post-graduate studies in a subject, the Post-graduate Committee may co-opt, as and when necessary, one or more members qualified to assist it in that subject.
(5) The views and recommendations of the Post-graduate Committee on all matters shall be placed before the Council; and if the Council does not agree with the views expressed or the recommendations made by the Post-graduate Committee on any matter, the Council shall forward them together with its observation's to the Central Government for decision.