18. Visitors at examinations.-
(1) The Council may appoint such number of visitors as it may deem requisite to attend at any or all of the examinations held by Universities or medical institutions in India for the purpose of granting recognised medical qualifications.
(2) Any person, whether he is a member of the Council or not, may be appointed as a visitor under this section but a person who is appointed as an inspector under section 17 for any examination shall not be appointed as a visitor for the same examination.
(3) Visitors appointed, under this section shall not interfere with the conduct of any examination but they shall report to the President of the Council on the sufficiency of every examination which they attend and on any other matters in regard to which the Council may require them to report.
(4) The report of 'a visitor stall be treated as confidential unless in any particular case the President of the Council otherwise directs: Provided that if the Central Government requires a copy of the report of a visitor, the Council shall furnish the same.