45. Statutes, Ordinances and notifications to be published in the Official Gazette and to be laid before Parliament.-
(1) Every Statute and every Ordinance made or notification issued under this Act shall be published in the Official Gazette.
(2) Every Statute and every Ordinance made or notification issued under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the Statute, Ordinance or notification or both Houses agree that the Statute, Ordinance or notification should not be made or issued, the Statute, Ordinance or notification shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that Statute, Ordinance or notification.
(3) The power to make the Statutes, Ordinances or notifications shall include the power to give retrospective effect from a date not earlier than the date of commencement of this Act, to the Statutes, Ordinances, notifications or any of them but no retrospective effect shall be given to any Statute, Ordinance or notification so as to prejudicially affect the interests of any person to whom such Statute, Ordinance or notification may be applicable.
1. 22nd January, 2018, vide notification No. S.O. 272(E), dated 17th January, 2018, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).