Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library

Indian Divorce Act, 1869


In the (High) Court of ....................

B. against B.

A.B. of ................., the above-mentioned respondent, in answer ................ to the petition for alimony, pending the suit, of C.B., says-

1. In answer to the first paragraph of the said petition, I say that I have for the last three years carried, on the business of ................, at ............... and that, from such business, I have derived a net annual income of Rs. 900, but less than Rs. 1,000.

2. In answer to the second paragraph of the said petition, I say, that I am possessed of plate, furniture, linen and other chattels and effects at my said house ................................... ... aforesaid, of the value of Rs. 7, 000 but as I verify believe of no larger value. And I say that a portion of the said plate, furniture and other chattels and effects of value of Rs. 1,500, belonged to my said wife before our marriage, but the remaining portions thereof I have since purchased with my own monies. And I say that, save as therein before set forth, I am not possessed of the plate and other effects as alleged in the said paragraph in the said petition, and that I did not acquire the same as in the said petition also mentioned.

3. I admit that I am entitled under the Will of my father, subject to the life- interest of my mother therein, to property of the value of Rs. 5,000, that is to say, I shall be entitled under my said fatherís Will, upon the death of my mother, to a legacy of Rs. 7,000, out of which I shall, have to pay to my fatherís executors the sum of Rs. 2, 000 the amount of a debt owing by me to his estate, and upon which debt I am now paying interest at the rate of five per cent per annum.

4. And, in further answer to the said petition, I say that I have no income whatever except that derived from my aforesaid business, that such income, since my said wife left me, which she did on the of ............last, has been considerably diminished, and that such diminution is likely to continue . And I say that out of my said income I have to pay the annual sum of Rs. 100 for such interest as aforesaid to my late fatherís executors, and also to support myself and my two eldest children.

5. And, in further answer to the said petition, I say that, when my wife left my dwelling house on the of ................. last, she took with her, and has ever since withheld and still withholds from me, plate, watches, and other effects in the second paragraph of this my answer mentioned, of the value of, as I verily believe, Rs. 800 at the least; and I also sathat, within five days of her departure from my house as aforesaid, my said wife received bills due to me from certain lodgers of mine, amounting in the aggregate to Rs ................. and that she has ever since withheld and still withholds from me the same sum.

(Signed) A.B.

Indian Divorce Act, 1869 Back

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys