Rep. by the Indian Criminal Law Amendment Repealing Act, 1922 (5 of 1922), s. 3. 2. [Application of Part.] Rep. by s.3, ibid.
3. [Inquiry by Magistrate.]Rep. by s.3, ibid.
4. [Inquiry to be ex parte.]Rep. by s.3, ibid.
5. [When accused person to be discharged.]Rep. by s.3, ibid.
6. [Power to send accused for trial.]Rep. by s.3, ibid.
7. [Joinder of charges.]Rep. by s.3, ibid.
8. [Charge, etc., to be forwarded to High Court.]Rep. by s.3, ibid.
9. [Power to summon supplementary witnesses.]Rep. by s.3, ibid.
10. [Witnesses for defence.]Rep. by s.3, ibid.
11. [Procedure in High Court.]Rep. by s.3, ibid.
12. [Bail.]Rep. by the Indian criminal law Amendment Repealing Act, 1922 (5 of 1922), s. 3.
13. [Special rules of evidence.]Rep. by the Indian criminal law Amendment Repealing Act, 1922 (5 of 1922), s. 3.
14. [Procedure]Rep. by s.3, ibid.
1. Subs. by the Adaptat ion of Laws (No. 2) Order , 1956, for sub-sect ion (2) .
2.The Act has been extended under this provision to-
Bombay Presidency, see Gazet te of India, Extraordinary, dated 4th January, 1910: Madras Presidency, the U.P., the Punjab, and the C.P., see ibid., dated 13th January, 1910 and ibid., 1910, Pt. I,p. 95; Punjab, see Punjab Gazet te, Extraordinary, dated 23rd June, 1930;
The State of Delhi see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, dated 9th December, 1920; Ajmer-Merwara, see Gazette of India, 1930, Pt . II-A, p. 515; Coorg, see Coorg Gazet te, Extraordinary, dated 11th January, 1932.
It has been extended to Berar by the Berar Laws Act, 1941 (4 of 1941) and has also been declared to be in force in the Sonthal Parganas by notification under the Sonthal Parganas Settlement Regulation, 1872 (3 of 1872), s. 3 (3) (a), see Calcutta Gazette, 1909, Pt. I, p. 649; in the Khondmals District, by the Khondmals Laws Regulation, 1936 (4 of 1936), s. 3 and Sch.; and the Angul District by the Angul Laws Regulation. 1936 (5 of 1936), s. and the Schedule.
The Act has also been extended to the new Provinces and merged States by the Merged States (Laws) Act. 1949 (59 of 1949); to the States of Manipur, Tripura and Vindhya Pradesh by the Union Terri tories (Laws) Act, 1950 (30 of 1950); and to Pondicherry on 1-10-1963; vide Reg. 7 of 1963, s. 3 and Sch. I.
3. Sub-section (3) rep. by Act 5 of 1922, s. 3.