The Indian Council of World Affairs Act, 2001
15. Staff of Council.-
1. There shall be a chief executive officer of the Council who shall be designated as the Director-General and shall be appointed by the Council.
2. The Director-General shall act as the Secretary to the Council as well as to the Governing Body.
3. The Director-General shall exercise such powers and discharge such functions as may be prescribed by regulations or as may be delegated to him by the Council or the President or the Governing Body or the Chairperson.
4. The Financial Advisor of the Ministry of External Affairs shall be the Financial Advisor of the Council.
5. Subject to such rules as may be made in this behalf, the Council may appoint such number of other officers and employees as may be necessary for the exercise of its powers and efficient discharge of its functions and may determine the designations an grades of such other officers and employees.
6. Subject to such rules as may be made in this behalf, the Director-General and other officers and employees of the Council shall be entitled to such salary and allowances and shall be governed by such conditions of service in respect of leave, pension gratuity, provident fund and other matters, as may be prescribed by regulations made in this behalf.