9. Payment of further amounts.-
(1) For the deprivation of the two companies of the management of their undertakings during the period commencing on the date on which the undertakings of each such company was taken over in pursuance of the orders made by the Central Government under the provisions of the Industries (Development and Regulation) Act, 1951 (65 of 1951) and ending on the appointed day, there shall be paid by the Central Government to each of the Companies in cash, an amount of rupees fifty thousand.
(2) The amount referred to in section 8 and the amount specified in sub-section (1) shall carry simple interest at the rate of four per cent. per annum for the period commencing on the appointed day and ending on the date on which payment of such amounts is made by the Central Government to the Commissioner.
(3) The amount referred to in sub-section (1) and the amount determined in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (2) shall be given by the Central Government to the two companies in addition to the amount specified in section 8.
(4) For the removal of doubts, it is hereby declared that the liabilities of either of the two companies in relation to its undertakings which have vested in the Central Government under section 3, shall be discharged from the amount referred to in section 8, and also from the amount specified in sub-section (1) and the amount determined under sub-section (2), in accordance with the rights and interests of the creditors of the two companies.