41. Term of office and allowances payable to members of Council.-
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office of a member of the Council, other than an ex officio member, shall be for a period of three years from the date of nomination.
(2) The term of office of an ex officio member shall continue so long as he holds the office by virtue of which he is a member.
(3) The term of office of a member elected under clause (ii) of sub-section (2) of section 40 shall expire as soon as he ceases to be a member of the House which elected him.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, an outgoing member shall, unless the Council directs, continue in office until another person is nominated as a member in his place.
(5) Members of the Council shall be entitled to travelling and such other allowances, as may be prescribed, for attending meetings of the Council or its Committees thereof.