27. Review of performance of Institute.-
(1) Each Institute shall, within five years from the establishment and incorporation of Institute under this Act and thereafter at the expiration of every fifth year, constitute, with the prior approval of the Central Government, a Committee to evaluate and review the performance of the Institute in achievement of its objects in the said period.
(2) The Committee under sub-section (1) shall consist of members of acknowledged repute in academia or industry, drawn from such fields of knowledge as may have relevance to teaching, learning and research in such Institute.
(3) The Committee shall assess the performance of Institute and make recommendations on-
(a) the extent of fulfilment of the objects of the Institute referred to in section 6, as demonstrated by the state of teaching, learning and research and its contribution to society;
(b) the promotion of transformational research and its impact on industry and society;
(c) the advancement of fundamental research beyond the current frontiers of knowledge;
(d) the establishment of the Institute as amongst the global leaders in the area of information technology;
(e) such other matters as the Board may specify.
(4) The Board shall consider the recommendations referred to in sub-section (3) and take such action on it as it may deem fit: Provided that the recommendations of the Committee along with an explanatory memorandum on the action taken or proposed to be taken, specifying the reasons thereof, shall be submitted to the Central Government.