14. Term of office of, vacancies among, and allowances payable to, members of Board.-
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office of member of the Board, other than the ex officio member, shall be three years from the date of nomination.
(2) The term of office of an ex officio member shall continue so long as he holds the office by virtue of which he is a member.
(3) The term of office of a member nominated under clause (h) of sub-section
(2) of section 13 shall be two years from the date of nomination.
(4) A member of the Board, other than an ex officio member, who fails to attend three consecutive meetings of the Board, shall cease to a member of the Board.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, an outgoing member shall, unless the Council directs, continue in office until another person is nominated as a member in his place.
(6) Members of the Board shall be entitled to such allowances, as may be specified in the Statutes, for attending meetings of the Board or as may be convened by the Institute.