The Indian Institutes of Management Act, 2017
36. Ordinances how made.-
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, 1[Ordinances] shall be made by the Academic Council.
(2) Subject to the provisions of this Act and the rules and regulations made thereunder, the Ordinances of every Institute may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:-
(a) the admission of students to the Institute;
(b) the courses of study to be laid down for all degrees and diplomas of the Institute;
(c) the conditions under which students shall be admitted to the degree or diploma courses and to the examinations of the Institute, and shall be eligible for degrees and diplomas;
(d) the conditions of award of the fellowships, scholarships, exhibitions, medals and prizes;
(e) the conditions and model of appointment and duties of examining bodies, examiners and moderators;
(f) the conduct of examinations;
(g) the maintenance of discipline among the students of the Institute; and
(h) any other matter which is to be or may be provided for by the Ordinances.
(3) All Ordinances made by the Academic Council shall have effect from such date as it may direct, but every Ordinance so made shall be submitted, as soon as may be, to the Board and shall be considered by the Board at its next meeting.
(4) The Board shall have power by resolution to modify or cancel any such Ordinance and such Ordinance shall from the date of such resolution stand modified accordingly or cancelled, as the case may be.
1. Subs. by Act 31 of 2019, s. 3 and the Second Schedule, for "Ordinance" (w.e.f. 8-8-2019).