The Indian Institutes of Management Act, 2017
29. Establishment of Coordination Forum.-
(1) With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification, specify in this behalf, there shall be established a Coordination Forum for all the Institutes.
(2) The Coordination Forum shall consist of the following members, namely:-
(a) an eminent person to be selected by a Search-cum-Selection Committee as may be constituted by the Coordination Forum, as chairperson:
Provided that the Coordination Forum may select one of its members to act as the chairperson till the chairperson is appointed;
(b) the Secretary to the Government of India, in charge of the Ministry or Department of the Central Government having administrative control of management education, member-ex officio;
(c) two Secretaries in charge of management education of State Governments in which the Institutes are located, by rotation, each year, member-ex officio;
(d) four Chairpersons of Institutes, to be nominated by the Chairperson of the Coordination Forum, by rotation for two years;
(e) the Director of each Institute, member-ex officio;
(f) five persons of eminence, of which at least one shall be a woman, in academia or public service, to be selected by a sub-committee constituted by the Coordination Forum.
(3) The term of office of a member referred to in clause (f) of sub-section (2) shall be three years from the date of his nomination.
(4) The non-official members of the Coordination Forum shall be entitled to such travelling and other allowances, as may be prescribed.
(5) The Director of the host Institute where the meeting of the Coordination Forum takes place shall be the Member Secretary of the Coordination Forum and shall continue to be the Member-Secretary till a new host Institute is selected.