The Indian Institutes of Management Act, 2017
26. Annual report of Director.-
(1) There shall be attached to every statement of accounts laid before the Board of each Institute under section 27, a report, by its Director, with respect to-
(a) the state of affairs of such Institute;
(b) the amounts, if any, which it proposes to carry to any surplus reserves in its balance sheet;
(c) the extent to which understatement or overstatement of any surplus of income over expenditure or any shortfall of expenditure over income has been indicated in the auditor's report and the reasons for such understatement or overstatement;
(d) the productivity of research projects undertaken by the Institute measured in accordance with such norms as may be specified by the Board;
(e) appointments of the officers and faculty members of the Institute;
(f) performance indicators and internal standards set by the Institute, including the nature of innovations in teaching, research and application of knowledge.
(2) The report of the Director shall also include a statement showing the names of the five officers including faculty members and other employees of the Institute who received the highest remuneration (including allowances and other payments made to such employees) during the financial year and the contributions made by such employee during the financial year.
(3) The statement referred to in sub-section (2) shall indicate whether any such employee is a relative of any member of the Board or Academic Council of the Institute and if so, the name of such member; and such other particulars as may be determined by the Board.
(4) The Director shall also be bound to give the complete information and explanations in the report referred to in sub-section (1) on every reservation, qualification or adverse remark contained in the auditors' report.