38. Co-ordination Forum.
(1) In order that there may be better co-ordination among the Institutes, the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, establish, with effect from such date as may be specified in the notification, a central body to be called the Co-ordination Forum for all the Institutes specified in column (5) of the Schedule.
(2) The Co-ordination Forum shall consist of the following members, namely:-
(i) the Minister in-charge of the Ministry or Department of the Central Government having administrative control of technical education, ex officio, as Chairperson;
(ii) Secretary to the Government of India, in-charge of the Department of the Central Government having administrative control of technical education, ex officio;
(iii) four Secretaries in-charge of department looking after Indian Institutes of Information Technology of State Governments in which the Institutes are located, to be nominated by the Chairperson of the Co-ordination Forum, by rotation for two years, ex officio;
(iv) four Chairpersons of the Institutes, to be nominated by the Chairperson of the Co-ordination Forum, by rotation for two years;
(v) the Directors of each of the Institutes, ex officio;
(vi) four industry partners, to be nominated by the Chairperson of the Co-ordination Forum, not more than one from any Institute, by rotation every two years;
(vii) three persons of eminence, of which at least one shall be a woman, in academia, industry or public service, to be nominated by the Co-ordination Forum; and
(viii) one representative of All India Council of Technical Education:
Provided that while nominating under clauses (iii), (iv) and (vi), care shall be taken to ensure representation of as many Institutes as possible by selecting Secretaries of State Governments, Chairpersons of the Institutes, and representatives of industry partners from the Board of different Institutes to the extent possible.
(3) An officer of the Department of Higher Education, Government of India, not below the rank of Joint Secretary, concerned with technical education,ex officio, to act as the Member-Secretary of the Co-ordination Forum.
(4) The Co-ordination Forum may, at its discretion, constitute a Standing Committee of the Indian Institute of Information Technology Co-ordination Forum (Public-private Partnership) to assist the Co-ordination Forum in discharge of its duties and responsibilities.
(5) The expenditure on the Co-ordination Forum shall be met by the resources pooled by all the Institutes governed by this Act.