3. Taking of measurements, etc., of convicted persons.
Every person who has been
(a) convicted of any offence punishable with rigorous imprisonment for a term of one year or upwards, or of any offence which would render him liable to enhanced punishment on a subsequent conviction; or
(b) ordered to give security for his good behaviour under section 118 of the 1Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898 (5 of 1898), shall, if so required, allow his measurements and photograph to be taken by a police officer the prescribed manner.
1. This Act has been amended in its application to Bombay by Bombay Acts 11 of 1922, 4 of 1935, 21 of 1935, 56 of 1959 and to Maharashtra by Maharashtra Act 35 of 1970. This Act has been extended in its application:
(1) the whole of Madhya Pradesh by Madhya Pradesh Act 40 of 1961;
(2) Goa, Daman and Diu by Reg. 11 of 1963, s. 3 and the Schedule;
(3) the whole of the Union territory of Lakshadweep (w.e.f.1-10-1967): vide Reg. 8 of 1965, s. 3 and the Schedule;
(4) the Union territory of Pondicherry by Act 26 of 1968, s. 3 and Sch edule. This Act has been repealed in its application to Bellary District by Mysore Act 14 of 1955.
2. Subs. by the A. O. 1950, for sub-section 2.
3. Extended to the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union territory of Ladakh by Act 34 of 2019 s. 95 and the Fifth Schedule (w.e.f. 31-10- 2019).
4. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 3) Order, 1956, for "Part B States".
5. See now Chapter XII of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974).