(1) The first members of the Sammelan and all persons who may hereafter become members thereof in accordance with the rules made in this behalf, so long as they continue to hold membership thereof, are hereby constituted a body corporate by the name of the Hindi Sahitya Sammelan.
(2) The Sammelan shall have perpetual succession and a common seal with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property and to contract and may by that name sue and be sued
(3) The head office of the Sammelan shall be at Allahabad.
2[(4) The first members of the Sammelan shall be-
(a) all persons who, immediately before the appointed day, were members of the Society;
(b) all persons who, before that day, have been Presidents of the Society; and
(c) all persons who, before that day, were awarded the Mangla Parshad Paritoshik by the Society.]
1. 28th June, 1962 vide notification No. S.O. 1954(E), dated 25th June, 1962, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Sec. 3(ii).
2. Subs. by Act 1 of 1963, s. 2, for sub-section (4) (w.e.f. 28-6-1962).
3. Subs. by s. 3, ibid., for clause (b) (w.e.f. 25-1-1963).