12. Rules to be made by the first Governing Body.-
(1) The first Governing Body shall, as soon as may be, make rules in respect of the following matters, namely:-
(a) the matters relating to membership, including the qualifications and disqualifications for membership of the Sammelan;
(b) the powers and functions of the Governing Body; the term of office of, and the allowances, if any, payable to, members thereof; the procedure to be followed by the Governing Body for the transaction of its business, the quorum necessary therefore and the manner of filling casual vacancies among the members thereof;
(c) the conduct of elections for the constitution of the Governing Body and the decisions on doubts and disputes at or in connection with the said elections;
(d) the appointment of an executive committee or any other committee for carrying on the functions of the Governing Body or of the Sammelan; the constitution, powers and duties of such committees and the allowances, if any, payable to the members thereof;
(e) the procedure and the forms for the maintenance of books of accounts and other registers and statements for the purposes of this Act;
(f) the appointment, control and other conditions of service of the employees of the Sammelan;
(g) the conduct of correspondence, execution of documents and contracts for or on behalf of the Sammelan;
(h) the conduct and prosecution of suits and proceedings by or against the Sammelan;
(i) the matters relating to the affiliation of schools, colleges, and other institutions with the Sammelan;
(j) the matters relating to the award of degrees and academic distinctions by the Sammelan:
(k) the matters relating to the award of prizes (Paritoshiks) by the Sammelan;
(l) the procedure for the amendment of the rules;
(m) such other matters as may be necessary for the performance of the functions of the Sammelan.
(2) A draft of the rules proposed to be made under sub-section (1) shall be forwarded to the Central Government for approval and that Government may approve the same with or without modifications.
(3) No rules made under this section shall have effect until they are approved by the Central Government and are published by the first Governing Body in such manner as the Central Government may, by order direct.
(4) A copy of the rules so made shall be laid, as soon as may be after they are made before each House of Parliament