The High Courts (Seals) Act, 1950
2. Seals of High Courts.-
(1) Every High Court in a 1[State] shall have and use, as occasion may arise, a seal bearing a device and impression of the Asoka capital within an exergue or label surrounding the same, with the following inscriptions at convenient places, namely, "THE SEAL OF THE HIGH COURT AT (or OF) .........", followed by the name of the seal of the High Court or the name of the State, as the case may be, and "Satyameva Jayate" in Devanagari script.
(2) Every Court of the Judicial Commissioner for a 2[Union territory] shall have and use, as occasion may arise, a seal similar to the seal of a High Court in a 3* * * State, but with the first inscription reading "THE SEAL OF THE JUDICIAL COMMISSIONER'S COURT FOR ..........." followed by the 4[name of the Union territory].
(3) The provisions of this shall supersede any provision contrary thereto or inconsistent therewith contained in any Letters Patent, Order, direction or other law relating to the use of seals by High Courts.
1. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 3) Order, 1956, for "Part A State or Part B State".
2. Subs., ibid., for "Part C State".
3. The word and letter "Part A" omitted, ibid.
4. Subs., ibid., for "name of the State".