4. Leave account showing the amount of leave due.-
(1) A leave account shall be kept for each Judge showing therein the amount of leave due to him in terms of leave on half allowances.
(2) In the leave account of a Judge-
(a) there shall be credited to him-
(i) one-fourth of the time spent by him on actual service; 7***
(ii) where the Judge, by reason of his having been detained for the performance of duties not connected with the High Court, cannot enjoy any vacation which would otherwise have been entitled to enjoy had he not been so detained, as compensation for the vacation not enjoyed, a period equal to double the period by which the vacation enjoyed by him in any year falls short of one month; and
1[(iii) where the Judge had, prior to his appointment as such, held any pensionable post under the Union or a State, the period of leave earned by him in the said post, and].
2* * * * *
1. Ins. by Act 50 of 1961, s. 2 (retrospectively).
2. Subs. by Act 57 of 1980, s. 2, for sub-clause (ii).
3. Subs. by Act 13 of 2016, s. 2, for certain words (w.e.f. 5-4-2016).
4. Omitted by s. 2, ibid. (w.e.f. 5-4-2016).
5. Subs. by Act 78 of 1971, s. 3, for clause (a) (w.e.f. 15-1-1972).
6. Ins. by Act 13 of 2016, s. 3 (w.e.f. 5-4-2016).
7. The word "and" omitted by Act 38 of 1986, s. 2 (w.e.f. 1-11-1986).
(b) there shall be debited to him all leave with all by him.