24. Power to make rules.-
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the purposes of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:-
(a) leave of absence of a Judge;
3[(aa) the number of casual leaves and the conditions subject to which it may be allowed under sub-section (3) of section 3;]
(b) pension payable to a Judge;
(c) travelling allowances to a Judge;
4[(ca) use of official residence by a Judge under sub-section (1) of section 22A;]
(d) facilities for medical treatment and other conditions of service of a Judge;
(e) any other manner which has to be, or may be, prescribed.
5[(3) Every rule made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only 12 in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.]
1. Ins. by Act 27 of 1964, s. 3 (retrospectively).
2. Ins. by Act 35 of 1976, s. 5 (w.e.f. 1-10-1974).
3. Ins. by Act 13 of 2016, s. 15 (w.e.f. 5-4-2016).
4. Ins. by s. 6, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-10-1974).
5. Subs. by s. 6, ibid., for sub-section (3) (w.e.f. 1-10-1974).