14. Pension payable to Judges.-
Subject to the provisions of this Act, every Judge shall, on his retirement, be paid a pension in accordance with the scale and provisions in Part I of the First Schedule:
Provided that no such pension shall be payable to a Judge unless-
(a) he has completed not less than twelve years of service for pension; or
1[(b) he has attained the age of sixty-two years; or;]
(c) his retirement is medically certified to be necessitated by ill-health:
2[Provided further that if a Judge at the time of his appointment is in receipt of a pension (other than a disability or wound pension) in respect of any previous service in the Union or a State, the pension payable under this Act shall be in lieu of, and not in addition to, that pension.]
3[Explanation.-In this section "Judge" means a Judge who has not held any other pensionable post under the Union or a State and includes a Judge who having held any other pensionable post under the Union or a State has elected to receive the pension payable under Part I of the First Schedule.]
1. Subs. by Act 46 of 1958, s. 4, for "Extraordinary leave not exceeding six months in duration may be granted to a Judge not more than once" (w.e.f. 1-11-1956).
2. Subs. by Act 13 of 2016, s. 5, for section 9 (w.e.f. 5-4-2016).
3. Subs. by Act 18 of 1998, s. 4, for "pension" (w.e.f. 1-1-1996).
4. Ins. by s. 4, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-1-1996).
5. Subs. by Act 23 of 2009, s. 2, for "thirty thousand rupees per mensem" (1-1-2006).
6. Subs. by s. 2, ibid., for "twenty-six thousand rupees per mensem" (w.e.f. 1-1-2006).