38. Membership of corresponding University bodies.
(1) All casual vacancies among the members (other than ex officio members) of any authority or body of each corresponding University shall be filled, as soon as possible, by the person or body who or which appointed or nominated the member, whose place became vacant, and the person appointed or nominated to a casual vacancy shall be a member of such authority or body for the remaining period of the term for which the person whose place he fills would have been a member.
(2) A person, who is a member of any authority of a corresponding University as a representative of another body, whether of that University or not, shall retain his seat on that authority so long as he continues to be a member of the body by which he was appointed or nominated and thereafter till his successor is duly appointed or elected.
(3) No act or proceeding of any authority or body of a corresponding University shall be invalid by reason merely of the existence of any vacancy or defect in the constitution of such authority or body.
(4) If any question arises whether any person has been duly appointed as, or is entitled to be, a member of any authority of a corresponding University subordinate to the Board or whether any decision of the corresponding University is in accordance with this Act and the Statutes, the question shall be referred to the appropriate Government whose decision thereon shall be final.