(1) Any authority of a corresponding University may make Regulations consistent with this Act and the Statutes for
(a) laying down the procedure to be observed at its meetings and the number of members required to form a quorum;
(b) providing for all matters which by this Act and the Statutes are to be provided for by the Regulations; and
(c) providing for any other matter solely concerning the authority and not provided for by this Act and the Statutes.
(2) Every authority of the corresponding University shall make Regulations providing for the giving of notice to the members of such authority of the dates of meetings and of the business to be transacted at meetings and for keeping of records of the proceedings of the meetings.
(3) The Academic Council may, subject to the provisions of the Statutes, make Regulations providing for courses of study, system of examinations, and degrees and diplomas of a corresponding University after receiving drafts of the same from the Board of Studies concerned.
(4) The Academic Council may not alter a draft received from the Board of Studies, but may reject or return it to the Board of Studies for further consideration together with the suggestions of the Academic Council.
(5) The Board may direct the amendment, in such manner as it may specify, of any Regulation made under this section or the annulment of any Regulation made under sub-section (1).
(6) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, the Regulations made by the existing University under section 31 of the Punjab Agricultural University Act, 1961 (Punjab Act 32 of 1961) and in force immediately before the commencement of this Act shall, in so far as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act and subject to such adaptations and modifications as may be notified by the appropriate Government, be the first Regulations of each corresponding University.