32. Statutes how made
(1) The Statutes made by the existing University under section 30 of the Punjab Agricultural University Act, 1961 (Punjab Act 32 of 1961), and in force immediately before the commencement of this Act shall, in so far as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, and subject to such adaptations and modifications as may be notified by the appropriate Government, be the first Statutes of a corresponding University.
(2) The Board may, from time to time, make new or additional Statutes and may amend or repeal the Statutes in the manner hereinafter provided in this section.
(3) The Academic Council may propose to the Board the draft of Statutes and such draft shall be considered by the Board at its next meeting:
Provided that the Academic Council shall not propose the draft of any Statute or any amendment of a Statute affecting the status, powers or constitution of any authority of the University until such authority has been given an opportunity to express its opinion upon the proposal, and any opinion so expressed shall be considered by the Board.
(4) The Board may consider any such draft as is referred to in sub-section (3) and pass the proposed Statute or reject or return it to the Academic Council for re-consideration, either in whole or in part, together with any amendment which it may suggest.
(5) (a) Any member of the Board may propose to the Board the draft of any Statute and the Board may either accept or reject the proposal if it relates to a matter not falling within the purview of the Academic Council.
(b) In case such a draft relates to a matter within the purview of the Academic Council, the Board shall refer it for consideration to the Academic Council, which may either report to the Board that it does not approve the proposal, which, then, shall be deemed to have been rejected by the Board or submit the draft to the Board in such form as the Academic Council may approve, and the provisions of this section shall apply in the case of the draft submitted by any member of the Board as they apply in the case of a draft presented to the Board by the Academic Council.