26. Agricultural Extension Education.
(1) In relation to the territories to which the functions of a corresponding University extend, such University shall be responsible for
(a) the agricultural extension functions which are primarily educational in nature; and
(b) imparting training to the future Extension Officers for the National Extension Blocks and instructors for the Extension Training Centres.
(2) All Extension Specialists, in relation to any subject-matter, shall be the members of the staff of their respective subject-matter sections in each corresponding University and work in close co-ordinationwith the Departments of Agriculture, Development and Co-operatives.
(3) The Director of Extension Education shall be a whole-time officer technically trained in agriculture and shall be appointed by the Vice-Chancellor in consultation with the Deans and with the approval of the Board.
(4) The Director of Extension Education shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor and shall develop programmes for assisting farmers and housewives in applying results of scientific investigations to the solution of their problems.