The Haryana and Uttar Pradesh (Alteration of Boundaries) Act, 1979
32. Construction of boundary pillars, etc.-
(1) It shall be lawful for the State Government which is responsible for the construction of any boundary pillar under sub-section (3) of section 3 to cause such pillar to be constructed and maintained and no suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the State Government or any of its officers for anything in good faith done or intended to be done under this section.
(2) The boundary pillars shall be inspected jointly by the officers of the State Governments of Haryana and Uttar Pradesh in accordance with such rules as the Central Government may make in this behalf.
(3) Whoever wilfully removes or injures any boundary pillars shall be punishable with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine, or with both.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974), an offence under sub-section (3) may be inquired into and tried by a court in either of the States of Haryana and Uttar Pradesh.