(1) After the publication of the names of members of the State Committee under section 19, the State Government shall convene within forty-five days the first meeting of the State Committee at which the State Committee shall elect a Chairperson from amongst its members:
Provided that an ex officio member shall not take part in the election of the Chairperson.
(2) If the State Committee fails to elect a Chairperson, the State Government may appoint a member of
the State Committee to be the Chairperson thereof.
(3) The election of the Chairperson shall be notified by the State Government in the Official Gazette of the State.
(4) The term of office of the Chairperson shall be three years and no person shall hold the office of the Chairperson for more than two consecutive terms.
(5) Any casual vacancy in the office of the Chairperson shall be filled in accordance with sub-section (1) or sub-section (2), as the case may be.