16. Chief Executive Officer and other employees.
(1) The Central Government shall appoint a person, from a panel of Muslim officers of the Central Government and of the State Governments not below the rank of Deputy Secretary to the Government of India, to be the Chief Executive Officer of the Committee on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed.
(2) The Chief Executive Officer shall be the ex officio Secretary of the Committee.
(3) The Chief Executive Officer shall be appointed for a period of three years, which may be extended by a maximum period of one year by the Central Government.
(4) The Chief Executive Officer shall execute the decisions of the Committee and perform such other functions as may be prescribed:
Provided that in case of any difference of opinion between the Chief Executive Officer and the Committee, he shall bring the matter to the notice of the Central Government, whose decision thereon shall be final.
(5) The Committee may, with the previous sanction of the Central Government, employ such other officers and employees as it deems necessary to carry out the purposes of this Act, on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed.