There shall be paid to every Governor emoluments at the rate of 4[rupees 5[three lakh fifty thousand] permensem]: Provided that if a Governor, at the time of his appointment,-
(a) is in receipt of a pension (other than disability or wound pension) in respect of any previous service under the Government of India or any of its predecessor Governments or under the Government of a State or any of its predecessor Governments his emoluments shall be reduced,-
(i) by the amount of that pension; and
(ii) if he has, before such appointment, received in lieu of a portion of the pension due to him in respect of such previous service, the commuted value thereof, by the amount of that portion of the pension;1[or]
(b) is in receipt of any benefit by way of contributory provident fund, his emoluments shall be reduced by the pension equivalent of such benefit.
1. 1st April 1987, vide notification No. G.S.R. 342(E), dated 30th March, 1987, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(i).
2. Subs. by Act 8 of 2014, s. 2, for clause (a) (w.e.f. 4-3-2014).
3. Subs. by Act 1 of 2009, s. 2, for "spouse and the dependent children" (w.e.f. 1-1-2007).
4. Subs. by s. 3, ibid., for "rupees thirty-six thousand per mensem" (w.e.f.1-1-2006).
5. Subs. by Act 13 of 2018, s 161, for "one lakh ten thousand" (w.e.f 1-1-2016).