Government Securities Act 2006
6. Holding of Government securities by holders of public offices. -
1. In the case of any public office to which the Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, declare this sub-section to apply, a Government security may be held in the name of the office.
2. When a Government security is so held, it shall be deemed to be transferred without any or further endorsement or transfer deed from each holder of the office to the succeeding holder of the office on and from the date on which the latter takes charge of the office.
3. When the holder of the office transfers to a party not being his successor in office where a Government security so held, the transfer shall be made by the signature of the holder of the office and the name of the office in the manner laid down in section 5.
4. Where the holder of the office is temporarily absent for more than a fortnight from his office for any reason, he may authorise in writing such other person, who would be incharge of this office during the period of such absence, to effect transfer of the Government securities.
5. This section applies as well to an office of which there are two or more joint holders as to an office of which there is a single holder.