Government Securities Act 2006
12. Summary determination by Bank of title to Government security in case of dispute.-
1. If the Bank is of opinion that a doubt exists as to the title to a Government security, it may proceed to determine, in accordance with such regulations as may be made, the person who shall for the purposes of the Bank be deemed to be the person entitled thereto.
2. For the purpose of making any order which it is empowered to make under this Act, the Bank may request a District Magistrate to record or to have recorded the whole or any part of such evidence as any person whose evidence the Bank requires may produce and the District Magistrate so requested may either himself record, or may direct any Executive Magistrate empowered in this behalf by general or special order of the State Government to record the evidence, and shall forward a copy thereof to the Bank.
3. For the purpose of making a vesting order under this Act, the Bank may direct one of its officers to record the evidence of any person whose evidence the Bank requires or may receive evidence upon affidavit.
4. A Magistrate or an officer of the Bank acting in pursuance of this section may administer an oath to any witness examined by him.